Sub Categories:/» Homepage/» TURKEY/» CRIME
Tuesday, September 13 2011 , Your time is 15:58:00
Some 33,000 teachers have been dismissed from their duties due to their links to the Fethullahist Terrorist Organization (FETÖ), widely believed to have been behind the July 15, 2016, failed coup attempt, Education Minister İsmet Yılmaz said on June 23, state-run Anadolu Agency has reported.
Renowned jailed journalist and novelist Ahmet Altan harshly slammed the prosecutor who prepared an indictment against him in a court hearing on June 22 as part of the alleged “media leg” of the Fethullahist Terrorist Organization (FETÖ), which is widely believed to have perpetrated the July 2016 failed coup
Nurettin Kurt – ANKARA
A man who sought veteran’s pay after media reports emerged suggesting he had stopped five tanks on the night of the thwarted July 2016 coup has been accused of “cheating the state,” after a relative said he was in fact the one who broke his jaw in a fight
Aziz Özen – ISTANBUL
An Istanbul court has released an assailant who faces charges for attacking a 21-year-old woman “for wearing shorts” on a bus in the city
A man working as a security guard in Ankara has been arrested for sexually abusing a German diplomat’s 15-year-old daughter, daily Habertük reported on June 22
Administrative and legal investigations have been launched into two traffic accidents involving armored police vehicles that led to the deaths of seven civilians in the Lice district of the southeastern province of Diyarbakır
A prosecutor told the Istanbul 4th Heavy Penal Court on June 21 that some 19 senior generals, including former Chief of General Staff Gen. İlker Başbuğ, could not be tried in local courts regarding the reopened Ergenekon plot case.
Members of the outlawed Kurdistan Workers’ Party (PKK) have killed 23-year-old teacher Necmettin Yılmaz, who they had abducted last week in the eastern province of Tunceli
Jailed journalist and former economics professor Mehmet Altan denied allegations against him in a court hearing on June 21 in the case into the alleged “media leg” of what prosecutors call the Fethullahist Terrorist Organization (FETÖ), believed to be behind the July 15, 2016, coup attempt
Six suspects were arrested on June 21 in an investigation into a case of mass food poisoning at a military barracks in the Aegean province of Manisa, state-run Anadolu Agency has reported
An assailant who was being sought by police following a prosecutor’s arrest warrant on June 21 for attacking a 21-year-old woman on a bus in Istanbul turned out to already have a prison sentence